CCRC’S Summer College Prep 2022
Listen to the Article
JUNE 12–25, 2022
Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
Learn, Practice, Explore!
- Gain valuable college readiness tips & strategies
- Learn about financial aid services and the tuition waiver
- Learn about various accommodations and services available during a visit to the Office for Students with Disabilities
- Participate in seminars, field trips & classes designed to foster student success
- Be a part of enrollment & application labs with one-on-one instruction
- Take part in lectures with TSU professors
- Gain hands-on experiences with assistive technology software & devices
- Practice organizational/time management, note-taking, & study strategies
- Improve Orientation & Mobility related to navigating a college campus
- Recreational activities designed to cultivate good social habits, fitness, & nutrition
- Open to High School Juniors (age 16) thru age 22
- Must be in good academic standing and/or performing at or above grade level
- Legally blind and Visually Impaired (eye report needed)
- TB Test (Current within the year)
- Must have valid state-issued ID
- Must show negative COVID-19 test from at least 72-hours before program’s start date.
- CCRC Referral for Training Program (note: Summer College Prep)
- Deadline for registration is May 27, 2022
For more information about this program, please contact Daniel Walker at (512) 377-0300 or Daniel.Walker@twc.texas.gov. You may also contact Valerie Alvarez at Valerie.Alvarez2@twc.texas.gov.