Active Learning Space, an Active Collaboration
Keywords: active learning, interaction, resources
www.activelearningspace.org is the web address for the new, dynamic website on Active Learning. This highly informative tool is being developed through a collaboration with Penrickton Center for the Blind in Taylor, Michigan; Perkins School for the Blind in Boston, Massachusetts and Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired Outreach Programs in Austin, Texas. January 2016 will be the debut of this critical resource for practitioners and parents of children and adults with multiple special needs.
Information will include the principles of Active Learning such as:
- How to encourage independent exploration by a child or adult with multiple special needs
- Developing adult-child interactions
- The proper use of Active Learning equipment and perceptualizing aids
- Appropriate selection of materials to use with Active Learning techniques
- Podcasts and videos
- Training opportunities available on Active Learning
- Interactive features to allow visitors to ask questions and receive answers from experts in the use of Active Learning and for sharing ideas about Active Learning
You will find accurate and useful information of the benefits and practice of Active Learning as developed by Dr. Lilli Nielsen.