Texas-Sized Thank you!
The Family Engagement Report has the fingerprints of many Texans, including a large percentage of the 100+ family members who participated in the effort. We are grateful for the opportunity to be part of this initiative that is led by the National Center for Deaf-Blindness, the National Family Association for Deaf-Blind, and the Family Engagement Coordinators (FECs) from our fellow state Deafblind projects.
We also thank the following family organizations for their significant contributions to both the Family Engagement Report and its implementation:
- National Family Association for Deaf-Blind (NFADB)
- Deaf-Blind Multihandicapped Association of Texas (DBMAT)
- Texas Chargers
- CHARGE Syndrome Foundation and CHARGE state family liaisons
- Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders (GFPD)
- Usher Syndrome Coalition and Ava’s Voice
- Cornelia de Lange Syndrome (CdLS) Foundation
Much appreciation, also, to Perkins International for their assistance with research and development.
Special thanks to the following individuals who were part of the Process and Strategic Review Team for their leadership with both the report and this special issue:
- Theresa Baldry, MT
- Edgenie Bellah, TX
- Molly Black, PA
- Megan Cote, NCDB Technical Assistance Coordinator
- Heather Dirks, IA
- Ginger Knowles, HI
- Patti McGowan, PA, NFADB
- Lanya McKittrick, WA
- Myrna Medina, CA
- Rhonda Beach Tyree, Consultant
- Jana Villemez, NCDB Family Engagement Initiative Lead
- Faith Young, IL