Terms & Conditions
Online Purchase and License Agreement
- Grant. Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (“TSBVI”) hereby grants Purchaser a
non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to download and/or access online
TSBVI publications. TSBVI retains all ownership rights to its publications.
- Permitted Use. Purchaser may: (i) use, browse, and search the Content; (ii) quote and
excerpt from the Content by electronic cutting and pasting or other means into Purchaser’s
work product created in the regular course of its research and work (“Work Product”); (iii) print
and make copies of insubstantial portions of the Content (“Copied Content”) for distribution to
- Limitations. Purchaser may not copy, download, print, scrape, store, publish, transmit,
retransmit, transfer, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, circulate, sell, resell or otherwise use
the Content, or any portion of the Content, in any form or by any means, except (i) as expressly
permitted by this Agreement, (ii) with TSBVI’s prior written permission, or (iii) as permitted
under the fair use provision of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C.A. § 107). Except as otherwise
permitted in this Agreement, Purchaser shall not sell, license, sublicense or distribute Content
(including printouts) to third parties or use Content as a component of or as a basis for any
material offered for sale, license or distribution. License code(s) shall be used only by the
Purchaser; sharing of license code(s) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Rights in Content. Except for the license granted in this Agreement, all right, title and
interest in Content, in all languages, formats and media throughout the world, including all
copyrights, are and will continue to be the exclusive property of TSBVI.
TSBVI Book Return Policy
Effective January 1, 2023
Books purchased from TSBVI may be returned for credit or a refund subject to the following conditions:
- Any book(s) returned must be in brand-new condition. Books returned with stamps, marks, scratches, stickers, etc., in/on the book will not be accepted for credit or refund.
- There will be a 25% restocking fee on all returns.
- Credit or refunds will be made to the customer in the form of the original payment method within 30 days for books in sellable condition.
- Returns from bookstores are not allowed and will not be accepted.
- A packing slip, sales receipt, or invoice referencing the original order must accompany the returns.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to wrap and pack the book(s) in a protective manner.
- Shipping costs and tracking are the responsibility of the customer. We will only refund shipping costs if the return is a result of our shipping error.
- Books must be returned by an insured, traceable carrier (e.g., UPS, FedEX, DHL). The customer is responsible for the return shipment until we receive it. Books damaged in the return transit are not the responsibility of TSBVI and will not be accepted for a refund.
1100 West 45th Street
Austin, TX 78756