What are APH Quota Funds?
Federal quota funds are an annual appropriation shared proportionally among all public institutions for students who are blind or visually impaired in the United States. All states conduct an annual registration of students who are visually impaired on the first Monday in January each year to determine their share of these funds. Each state’s share of these funds is held in escrow at the American Printing House for the Blind (APH). As orders for materials are processed, their cost is drawn against that account.
TSBVI manages a statewide system of ordering, distributing, and repairing instructional materials purchased from APH with federal quota funds. Specialized equipment and instructional materials may be requested by a local school district for the eligible visually impaired students it serves.
If you have questions about ordering through APH using Quota Funds, returning APH products, or repairing APH products, contact:
If you have additional questions outside of these areas, please contact:
APH Materials obtained with quota funds are the property of the State of Texas and are loaned to districts for use by students who are legally blind. It is a district’s responsibility to:
- Maintain an inventory of these materials
- ensure their use only by students who are legally blind
- return the materials to the TIMCVI when broken or no longer needed by a student who is legally blind
Ordering APH materials with Quota Funds
Use the TEXAS Online APH Ordering system.
When returning items, either to re-stock in the warehouse or for repair, please use the return form below. You do not need to email a copy of the return form but please do include the form with the item. Send return items to:
1100 West 45th St.
Austin, TX 78756
Ordering Process Overview
- Access and log into the TEXAS APH materials ordering site.
- Use the Find Teacher link from the Main Menu to enter the District/Teacher who the item is being ordered for.
- Add the Materials Request.
- Bring up the Materials request page and press the Add Material Request button.
- Press the Search Catalog to Add Lines button.
- Enter the description of what you are looking for and press the Search button.
- Mark the check box for the items you wish to order and press the Add Selected Lines to Service Request button.
- Use the Refine Search option to search for more items and continue adding materials to the request.
- When done adding lines, use the Back to Materials Request link to review your request.
- Double check the quantities that you wish to request and press the Next Step: Choose Teacher/District button.
- Make sure the proper District, Teacher, and Address are selected.
- Press the Complete Request button to finalize the request.
- Review your newly created Materials Request on the Materials Requests screen.
Download the form at the link below, fill it out and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
APH Return Form and Instructions
Visit APH and See What’s New
American Printing House for the Blind continually produces new materials to help TVIs, COMS, and parents provide meaningful learning experiences for a student with visual impairments or blindness.