Be a Texas Fellow
Texas Fellows Application (Word or PDF) – Updated January, 2022
- Recruit new VI professionals to the field because:
- All students benefit from lower caseloads
- Lower caseloads are achieved when more VI professionals are available
As a Texas Fellow you and your candidates will:
- Be Recognized at all TSBVI sponsored statewide activities
- Be Acknowledged in three editions of the TX SenseAbilities newsletter,
- Receive one of TSBVI’s most popular publications OR FREE registration for a TSBVI Conference (See the application for a specific list of conferences.)
How we grow as a field is directly related to YOUR individual effort.
Be one of the exceptional of the exceptional: Be a Texas Fellow!
Recruit a New VI Professional!
- Know it can take 12 to 18 months for someone to apply.
- Share stories of successes, not frustrations
- Provide encouragement during the application process
- Tell people the information they want to hear:
People want to know that:
- Jobs are available,
- Tuition will be paid, and
- They will be able to take classes without leaving home.
And that VI Professionals enjoy:
- Having a non-traditional job
- Being student-need driven
- Working with intriguing students
- Respect from parents, students, and administrators
- Working 1-to-1 with students, or in small groups
- On-the-job diversity