Welcome, Families of Students with Visual Impairments
My name is Yolanda Shaw and I am the Family Engagement Specialist for the Visual Impairment team of the Outreach Department.
Children with visual impairment may require specialized modifications and supports in order to learn, communicate, and participate in community activities and prepare for adult life.
Let me tell you a little about our team and how we can partner with you.
- We offer free support, information, and training statewide
- Conversations about family matters, your child’s community involvement, school program, and related supports.
- Provide training for your family.
- Help you access financial assistance for travel costs to participate in conferences.
- Explore Family Leadership Training.
- Help you learn more about special education, family organizations, Medicaid waivers, resources for transition to adulthood, and other needs.
Meet Your Texas Family Organizations (Spanish)
Meet Your Texas Family Organizations (English)
Please feel free to contact me anytime via this online request or via email or phone. There is no question too big or too small.
I look forward to connecting with you soon!
Family Engagement Specialist
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired – Outreach
Bienvenidas, A las Familias de Estudiantes con Impedimentos Visuales