Browse the following free publications:
Early Tactile Learning Profile
This document should be used to help develop a “Tactile Profile” for students with visual impairments who:
- are chronologically and/or developmentally functioning between the ages of birth to 5 years old; and/or
- have struggled with the acquisition of tactile skills/have not made expected progress; and/or
- may be considered “non-traditional tactile learners” or “non-readers”.
Download the Early Tactile Learning Profile (PDF). Please note you will find that some of the URL links in this document are no longer active. We are working as quickly as we can to get those links redirected so you will have access again to the information you need. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
This booklet provides information for educators and others that will help in developing proactive strategies in programming to reduce the amount of stress the student who is deafblind or with visual and multiple impairments might experience.
Download Behavior Guidance (DOCX) (PDF)
Tomás and the Case of the Mysterious Missing Dog
Enjoy this video of the dramatic reading of Tomás and the Case of the Mysterious Missing Dog with illustrations from the publication and open captions. (transcript file) (audio file)
Here are other ways to share the story of Tomás, a boy with a visual impairment, and his journey of self-determination.
- English – EPUB (1.4mb)
- English – Kindle (mobi 3.7mb)
- English – PDF booklet (5.5×8.5 14.9mb)
- English – PDF book (8.5×11 3.5mb)
- Español – EPUB (1.5mb)
- Español – Kindle (mobi 3.1mb)
- Español – PDF folleto (5.5×8.5 15.3mb)
- Español – PDF libro (8.5×11 2.9mb)
- Deutsch – EPUB (1.77mb)
- Deutsch – Mobi (3.4mb)
- Deutsch – PDF (1.73mb)