Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Washing and Drying Dishes
- Remove any excess food off plates, empty liquids and ice from glasses, store leftovers.
- Identify detergent
- Identify cloth.
- Plug drain.
- Use warm water, always turn cold on first and off last.
- Pour detergent into running water. Turn off when sink is half full.
- Clean drain board.
- Wash glasses, rinse.
- Wash plates, rinse.
- Wash forks, knives, spoons; rinse.
- Wash bowls and serving bowls, rinse.
- Wash pots while cooking utensils are soaking.
- Wash cooking utensils, rinse.
- Wash and dry table.
- Clean sink.
- Wash and dry counters.
- Dry and put away dishes.
- Get dishtowel.
- Dry from top of draining stack to bottom.
- Put dishes away in the proper storage area.