YOU DUST BEFORE YOU VACUUM
On tables where food is eaten, use a wet dishcloth; then dry with a dishtowel. Most furniture can be dusted thoroughly using only a damp cleaning cloth.
- Items on the table either need to be moved to the opposite side of the table or removed while dusting.
- Move left to right or right to left, cleaning vertically then horizontally.
- Start at the top and work down.
- Return objects moved to proper place.
- On chairs clean arms, between rungs, then legs, seat, and back. In other words: all surfaces.
- If an area has a lot of loose debris, hold a trashcan, dustpan or your hand under the front edge of the item to be cleaned; making sure it is in contact with the bottom edge of surface and pull the debris into the desired receptacle.