Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Cleaning Kitchen Counters
- Locate counter.
- Remove all items from section of counter to be cleaned.
- Get dish cloth and wet it.
- Squeeze excess water from cloth.
- Find corner of counter.
- Clean around edge of wall. Wipe with fingertip in one direction. Rinse cloth.
- Start from back wall, bring cloth forward into hand or wastebasket.
- Move hand over one half-length. Repeat this vertical pull until counter is covered. Rinse cloth.
- Repeat, going in a horizontal direction. See Mirror for detail of hand positions if this isn’t clear.