Apply these general rules to anything you clean:
- Develop a pattern – clean left to right or right to left (whichever is comfortable).
- Start at the top and work down.
- Clean horizontally and then vertically – this prevents you from missing any areas.
- Clean the inside then the outside.
- Rinse your cleaning cloth frequently.
- Use the palm of the hand instead of just the fingertips; more area is cleaned.
- In the kitchen use the following to clean with: dish cloths, dishtowels (to dry), and/or paper towels. Don’t use cloths that are also used to clean the toilet.
- Dry after wiping with wet cloth.
- Always check your work tactually to see if it is clean.