Cleaning Flat Surfaces
- Spray cleaner onto surface. Hold the cleaner 6″ away from surface. Hold the bottle near the wrist of your guide hand. Move the bottle left to right as you spray. You don’t need to spray every inch of the surface. You may also make a cleaning solution in a bucket, using all-purpose cleaner and water.
- Get 2 or 3 cleaning cloths. When cleaning large areas, use your palm instead of your fingertips. Don’t ball up the cleaning cloths! Use your fingertips when going around detailed edges or grooved areas.
- Start at an upper corner. Move from either left to right or right to left direction. Start at the top and work down. You can use your non-dominant hand as a marker (at the side of the mirror). After finishing cleaning horizontally, clean vertically left to right or right to left. This way the entire surface should be covered.
- After cleaning horizontally, turn over the wet side of the cloth to the dry side or get some dry cloths.
- As you use this method, remember you can use this pattern to clean anything (windows, counters, doors, etc.).
- See the benefits of a pattern!