Cleaning A Stove
Use glass cleaner and paper towels, or fill sink with dishwashing detergent, using dishcloth to clean and dish towels to dry.
- Start with hood. Remember to clean tiles or wall area between the hood and stove.
- Clean top edge of stove.
- Clean knob area.
- Take out burner eyes and drip pans. Take foil off over the sink or trashcan.
- Soak drip pans.
- Lift top of stove and prop it up.
- Clean flat surface under top: don’t forget the edges and the lip area under at the edge of top.
- Lower top.
- Clean outside of top. Pay attention to area covered by drip pan.
- Dry top.
- Wash and dry drip pans.
- Cover drip pans with foil or burner bibs.
- Replace drip pans and burner elements (eyes).
- Clean oven door and drawer.
- Make sure to clean top edge of oven door and drawer.
- Dry door and drawer.
- Check daily to make sure that there is no grease or grime build up, especially in the two-inch area between the edges of the door and rims of the burner eyes.