Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Cleaning A Self-cleaning Oven (No oven cleaner)
- Following the manufacturer’s directions, turn oven on according to instructions.
- It takes 4 hours for the PSP ovens to self-clean. Allow for 1 hour for the oven to cool down.
- Fill a bucket or sink with lukewarm water and put the scrubber and one cleaning cloth in the water.
- Starting with the roof, clean left to right, pulling forward. Rinse the cloth frequently. Then wipe in a left to right motion horizontally. Be careful when you are wiping near the heating elements.
- Do the left wall in the same manner as step # 4.
- Do the back wall, cleaning left to right vertically and then left to right horizontally.
- Do the right wall in the same manner as step # 4.
- Clean the bottom of the oven with same manner as step # 4.
- Clean the oven door, DO NOT LEAN on the door, it will spring it!
- Dry the oven and door with a clean cleaning cloth.
- Remove oven racks and clean with a cleaning cloth. Clean racks on both sides and then dry with the cleaning cloth.
- Replace oven racks.
- Spray the outside of the oven door with glass cleaner and dry with paper towels.