Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Care For Cast-iron Cookware
- Wash with mild dishwashing liquid. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Some prefer to dry on a burner. Never scour or use in dishwasher (this will remove seasoning).
- Uncover hot foods when you remove them from heat.
- Cast-iron cookware becomes black with use.
- Rust, metallic taste or discolored foods are signs that seasoning has been removed.
- You do not need to use extremely high cooking temperatures. Use medium to medium- high setting.
- Always store with tops or lids off. You may want to place a paper towel inside to absorb moisture.