Zucchini and Mushroom Fettuccine
- 1 (8-ounce) package fettuccine
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-½ pounds zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain well; and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in ¼ cup butter in a large skillet 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, whipping cream, and ½ cup butter.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in ¾ cup Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley; toss gently.
- Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can substitute other vegetables but make sure you cook them until desired tenderness.
Yield: 8 servings.