(P.80 Black Family Reunion Cookbook)
- 3 to 4 medium yams or sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed or fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup raisins
- Miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 1 ½ or 2 quart casserole or baking dish with Butter Flavor Crisco.
- Boil yams in skins until tender. Peel. Mash.
- Combine yams, Butter Flavor Crisco, sugar and egg in bowl. Beat with hand mixer to blend, adding as much orange juice as needed for good consistency.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat 2 minutes. Stir in raisins.
- Transfer to casserole. Sprinkle marshmallows over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Note: Can be baked covered or uncovered. A light crust will form if uncovered.
3 to 4 servings