Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Wick Fowler’s 2 Alarm Chili
- 2 lbs. Coarse (optional) ground meat
- One 8-ounce Can tomato sauce
- Two 8-ounce cans Water
- Cook meat in large skillet or saucepan. Drain off fat.
- Add tomato sauce and water. (Or, for extra spicy, add Rotel tomatoes & green chilies instead of sauce.)
- Stir in all ingredients except packet labeled “red pepper” and “masa.”
- For milder chili, leave out red pepper. For 1-Alarm chili, stir in half of red pepper. For 2-Alarm chili, stir in all of red pepper packet.
- Cover skillet or saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes (longer for a spicier flavor) or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Stir masa flour into ¼ cup warm water to make a thick, but flowable mixture.
- Add masa mixture to chili. Simmer another 15 to 20 minutes.
- If desired, add 15-oz. Can of beans or tomatoes (whole or diced) drained.
Refrigerate or freeze unused portions of chili for future fine eating.