Virginia’s Easy Lasagna
- 1 lb. Ground meat
- 3 ½ cups (32- oz. jar) thick spaghetti sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups (15-oz. container) ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups (12-oz.) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 8 oz. lasagna, uncooked
- Brown beef in 3-quart saucepan; drain off excess fat.
- Add sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except lasagna for filling.
- Pour about 1 cup sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2- inch baking pan.
- Layer 3 pieces of uncooked lasagna over sauce; cover with about 1 ½ cups sauce.
- Spread ½ of cheese filling over sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce and cheeses filling.
- Top with layer of lasagna and remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting for easier handling.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.