Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Tasty Thai Shrimp and Sesame Noodles
- 1 lb. Medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- One 8-ounce bottle Newman’s own light Italian dressing or your favorite
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled gingerroot
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with ⅓ cup of the dressing, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, gingerroot, red pepper flakes, and the remaining dressing.
- When the shrimp has finished marinating, drain and discard the dressing.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta.
- And cook according to the package directions until firm but tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 4-quart saucepan, heat the salad oil, and sesame oil over high heat until very hot.
- Add the carrot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the drained shrimp and green onions, and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Drain the pasta, place in a large bowl, and add the peanut sauce and shrimp mixture. Toss to combine. Garnish with cilantro.