Sweet & Sour Casserole
- 1 lb. Meat: chicken (chunks), pork (chunks) ground beef (browned)
- 6 servings cooked rice
- Sweet & sour sauce:
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened pineapple juice (save from pineapple chunks)
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup small chunk pineapple
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in wine vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic powder and ground ginger.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir two minutes more.
- Remove from heat; add pineapple and green pepper.
- Pour over meat and rice, mix together.
- Heat in microwave on medium power for 3-5 minutes.