(P. 137 RSVP- Junior League of Portland)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in rings
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- Mix in saucepan the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and the pineapple juice.
- Cook this mixture until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Add green pepper strips, onion rings and pineapple chunks together with shrimp.
- Cook about 5 minutes, lifting and stirring once or twice until shrimp turn pink and curl up.
- Serve with hot, fluffy rice.