- 1 package (18-½ ounce) yellow or white cake mix
- 1 package (3-ounce) strawberry gelatin
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package (10-ounce) frozen sliced, sweetened strawberries, thawed, or 1 pint fresh, sliced strawberries with ½ cup sugar
- ½ pint heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, strawberry gelatin, vegetable oil, nuts, eggs, flour and strawberries in large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium-high speed for 3 minutes or well blended.
- Pour batter into greased 10-inch angel food cake pan or 10-inch fluted pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until a cake tester poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a rack.
- Turn out of pan to cool completely.
- Serve plain or with sweetened whipped cream. Makes 10 to 12 servings.