(P. 137 RSVP- JUNIOR LEAGUE OF PORTLAND)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 2½ cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup chopped celery leaves
- ½ cup salad oil
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ seedless raisins
- ½ teaspoon each of thyme, curry powder, salt, pepper and cayenne
- 1½ large bay leaves
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes
- 2½ lbs shrimp, cooked
- Cook green peppers, onions, celery and celery leaves in oil until onions are transparent, not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer gently, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and put into 44-quart casserole dish. Heat just before serving.
- Serve over rice.