From Joy Of Cooking p. 222
For proper results, eggs should be not below room temperature. To achieve more fluffiness, beaten whites may be added to whole eggs in the proportion of 1 additional white to 3 whole eggs. Have ready by the time the butter is hot and add the following mixture, beaten with fork until eggs are well mixed:
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt (if desired)
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk (if desired)
- Cheese, ham or other food-have it cut, sliced or chopped
- Beat all ingredients above with fork until eggs are well mixed:
- Melt 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over low heat.
- As the eggs heat through, increase heat to medium-low.
- Push the eggs gently in the skillet until they have thickened but are still soft.