Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Rice-A-Roni Mexican Style Rice
Stove Top Instructions:
- In large skillet, combine rice-pasta mix and 2 tablespoons margarine or butter.
- Saute over medium heat until pasta mixture is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 ¼ cups of water, and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 3 minutes.
- In round 2-quart microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice-pasta mix and 2 tablespoons margarine or butter.
- Microwave uncovered, at HIGH 1 minute. STIR. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 more minute(s) or until pasta is light golden brown.
- Remove dish from microwave and allow to cool for 1 minute. Caution; dish will be hot.
- Slowly stir in 2-⅔ cups of water, and Special Seasonings.
- Cover; microwave at High 17 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.