Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Rice-A-Roni Four Cheese Rice
Stove Top Instructions:
- In large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine or butter.
- Saute over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 ¼ cups of water, bring to a boil. (For best flavor, do not add Special Seasonings until step 5.)
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. A thin layer of water (about 2 to 3 tablespoons) will remain at the end of cook time.
- Stir in Special Seasonings. Remove from heat. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- In round 2-quart microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine or butter.
- Microwave uncovered, at HIGH 1 minute. STIR. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 more minute(s) or until vermicelli is light golden brown.
- Remove dish from microwave and allow to cool for 1 minute. Caution; dish will be hot.
- Slowly stir in 2 ¾ cups of water, and Special Seasonings.
- Microwave uncovered, at High 18 to 21 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.