Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Rice-A-Roni Broccoli Au Gratin
Stove Top Instructions:
- Combine rice mix and 2½ tablespoons margarine or butter in large skillet.
- Sauté: over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 ¼ cups of water, and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- In round 2-quart microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice-pasta mix and 2½ tablespoons margarine or butter.
- Microwave uncovered, at HIGH 1 minute. STIR. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 more minute(s) or until pasta is light golden brown.
- Remove dish from microwave and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Caution; dish will be hot.
- Slowly stir in 2¾ cups of water, and Special Seasonings.
- Microwave uncovered at High 18 to 21 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.