- 1-½ lb. ground beef
- 15-oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ oz. spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook beef until brown and drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onions, green peppers, spaghetti sauce mix, oregano, garlic and dash of hot pepper sauce if desired.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a small mixer bowl, beat milk, melted butter, oil and eggs for 1 minute. Add the flour and beat 2 minutes more.
- Turn the meat mix into a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the batter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.