Peanut Blossoms – Peanut butter Cookies with a Hershey’s Kiss in the Center
Prep Time: approximately 15 minutes. Bake Time: approximately 8 minutes.
- 48 Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses.
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add sugars; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate piece into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.