(P. 177 RSVP- Junior League of Portland)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (1¼-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10½-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10- ounce) package tortilla chips, divided in half
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle taco sauce
- Brown meat and add taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Add enchilada sauce and heat through. Set aside.
- Grease a 2½-quart casserole and place half of the crushed tortilla chips in the bottom.
- Place half of the meat mixture on top the crushed chips.
- Continue layering with half the creamed corn, half the cheese and half the taco sauce.
- Repeat all layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cover last 15 minutes.
May be frozen, defrosted completely, and then cooked as above.