Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Microwave Caramel Popcorn
- 16 cups hot air popped popcorn- pour into a brown grocery bag
Caramel Coating Ingredients:
- 1 stick of margarine melted in microwave
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white Karo corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
Caramel Coating Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients above.
- Bring to a boil in the microwave. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Take mixture out of the microwave and add ½ teaspoon baking soda and stir real quick…it will look foamy.
- Pour this mixture over the popped corn in the brown grocery bag.
- Fold bag down and shake, then put back into the microwave. Set for 1-1/2 minutes on high.
- Take it back out and shake again.
- Put it back in and cook for another 1-1/2 minutes.
- Shake again…and pour onto a cookie sheet to cool, then break apart and store
Note: If you don’t allow it to cool thoroughly, it will be soggy.