Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Macaroni and Cheese and Ham
From Better Homes and Garden Cookbook
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni (3 cups)
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups cubed American cheese (Velveeta)
- 3 cups cubed ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
For cheese sauce:
- In a saucepan melt butter or margarine.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk all at once; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add cubed cheese; stir till melted.
- Stir macaroni and ham into cheese sauce.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or till heated through.
Makes 12 side servings or 6 main course servings.