- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in lemon extract and pecans.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Combine one heaping ¼ cup sifted powdered sugar and 1 tsp. lemon juice; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over top of bread.