From Beyond T.V. Dinners p.60
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 tsp. Salt or seasoned salt or other spices (optional)
- Place ground beef in mixing bowl.
- Add seasoning (if desired) and mix thoroughly with hands. This helps burgers hold their shape.
- Shape meat into patties (about 3 to 4 patties per pound of meat).
- Place one or two patties into 10-inch skillet and fry over medium heat. Fry 5-7 minutes.
- Turn with spatula or turner and fry an additional 5 minutes.
Note #1: You may add a great number of seasonings to meat for variety: garlic salt, soy sauce, onions, grated cheese, etc. Experiment!
Note #2: George Foreman grills or Presto burger machines are very popular as they cook quickly with no turning required.