Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Hamburger Helper Cheesy Hashbrowns
- 1 lb. hamburger meat
- 1- ⅔ cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- For topping: ⅔-cup milk
- Brown hamburger meat in 12-inch non-stick skillet; drain.
- Stir in water, margarine and Potatoes.
- Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly, until margarine is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; press potatoes and beef evenly.
- Cook uncovered, without stirring until liquid is absorbed and most of bottom is brown (browning may take as few as 5 minutes or as many as 7 minutes; some potatoes will not be brown).**
- Meanwhile, stir 2/3 cup of milk and Topping Mix in bowl 30 seconds; set aside.
- Cut small sections with edge of pancake turner (smaller sections make turning easier).
- Slide turner under each section and turn over (mixture will not hold together perfectly).
- Press firmly and continue cooking about 2 minutes or until most of bottom is brown.
- Remove from heat. Pour topping over mixture in skillet (do not stir in). Serve immediately.