Fiery Cajun Shrimp
(P.164 America’s Best Recipes)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried whole rosemary
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 lemons
- 6 lbs. unpeeled large fresh shrimp
- Combine butter, margarine, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, rosemary, hot sauce, and minced garlic in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Squeeze juice of 2 lemons into butter mixture. Thinly slice remaining 4 lemons.
- Pour ½ cup butter mixture into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish.
- Layer shrimp and lemon slices over butter mixture to fill baking dish.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients in a second baking dish.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with pan juices.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings.