Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of white pepper
- 2 medium green onions with tops, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat chicken broth, salt and white pepper to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
- In a small cup, mix the cornstarch and water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to broth, and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove soup from stove.
- Add egg mixture very, very slowly, drop by drop, stirring constantly with fork to form shreds of egg.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with green onions if desired.