Duncan Hines Turtle Brownies (8” x 8” Pan Size)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or 325 for dark-coated or glass pans. Grease bottom only of 8” x 8” pan.
- Empty Brownie Mix, eggs, water, and oil into large bowl.
- Stir until well blended (about 50 strokes). Real milk chocolate chunks will be visible after stirring.
- Spread into greased pan.
- Knead caramel packet 15 times before opening to soften. Cut off one corner of packet and squeeze caramel over batter in rows across width of pan, about 3 rows. Pull knife through batter across caramel in 4 even rows and bake immediately.
- Bake in center of oven, 30 –33 minutes when using 9 x 9-inch pan. Bake 35- 38 when using 8x 8-inch pan. If using dark-coated or glass pans, lengthen bake time by 3-5 minutes. Avoid over-baking. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted an inch from the edge of pan comes out clean.
Cool completely before cutting.