Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
- 1-⅓ cups of water
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees for metal or glass pans.
- Grease pan with shortening and flour lightly (entire pan).
- Blend dry mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl on low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes , scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter in pans and bake immediately.
- Bake as directed below or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For 13 x 9 inch pans
32 to 35 minutes; 8 inch rounds, 33 to 36 minutes.
28 to 31 minutes.
(filled two-thirds full) 18 to 21 minutes
Bake 38 to 43 minutes.