Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple slices, drained
- 3 eggs
Instructions for Pineapple:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. for metal or glass pans.
- Melt butter in ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar.
Prepare cake mix following basic recipe:
- 1-1/3 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- HEAT oven to 350 degrees for metal or glass pans.
- Blend dry mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl on low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes , scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 43 to 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate.