- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 chicken pieces
- Cooking oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag or bowl, combine 1 ½ cups flour, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then shake or dredge in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees.
- Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for about 10-15 minutes, turning once or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy and the juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.
Yield: 8 servings.
Taste of Home, June/July 1997