Cornbread Tamale Pie
- 1 – pkg cornbread mix
- 1 lb. ground meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 – 8 oz. can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 c. water/stock
- One 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- ½ c. chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat Oven To 350° F.
- Place meat and onions in skillet and slightly brown.
- Add rest of pie ingredients and simmer in skillet for 15 minutes.
- In separate bowl mix cornbread according to package directions.
- Pour pie mixture into greased 2 qt. casserole dish and cover with cornbread topping.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until brown.