(made w/Martha White’s Gladiola Cornbread Mix – search the site for Martha White’s Cornbread to find the boxed product on which the recipe is based.)
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. Gladiola White Cornbread Mix, prepared as directed and crumbled
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
- In medium skillet, melt butter, cook and stir onion and celery until tender.
- In large bowl, combine onion mixture, cornbread and remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
TIP: For thicker cornbread, grease a 9-inch square pan. Combine 2 (6-ounce) packages cornbread mix, 1-1/3 cups milk and 2 eggs. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.