- 8 chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 6 cups peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Marinade the thighs in the marinade mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Dip each thigh into the egg white and then dredge in the flour and cornstarch mixed with the sesame seeds.
- Deep-fry at 360 degrees until golden and tender, about 15 minutes.
You will have better luck with this dish if you fry 4 pieces at a time and keep your oil up to temperature.