Chicken Enchilada Casserole
From 365 Easy One-Dish Meals
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 9 (7-or 8-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (2.2-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 12 x 8-inch baking dish, place 3 tortillas, overlapping slightly, as necessary.
- Layer one third of tomatoes, chicken, scallions, chilies, olives, sour cream, and cheese over tortillas.
- Cover with another 3 tortillas and layer half of remaining tomatoes, chicken, scallions, chilies, olives, sour cream, and cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.