Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Chicken and Vegetable Egg Rolls
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned, and boned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 16-ounce can bean sprouts, drained
- 2 cups shredded, chopped cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ½ cup thinly bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 egg roll skins
- Cooking oil for frying
- Chop chicken.
- For filling: Stir-fry chicken and garlic quickly in 1 tablespoon hot oil about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables; stir-fry about 3 minutes more.
- Blend soy sauce into cornstarch; stir in chicken mixture; cook and stir until thickened. Cool.
- Place egg roll wrapper with one point toward you. Spoon ¼ cup of filling diagonally across and just below center of wrapper.
- Fold bottom point of wrapper over filling; tuck point under filling.
- Fold side corners over, forming an envelope shape.
- Roll up towards remaining corner; moisten point and press firmly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings.
- Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, in deep hot oil (365 degrees) for 2 to 3 minutes or till golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve warm with one or two sauces.
- Makes 12 egg rolls.