Best Pecan Pie
(Emily Mickler-The Only Texas Cookbook p.227) Ingredients:
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Prepare the uncooked pie shell. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, salt and corn syrup.
- Heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring almost constantly.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs until foamy.
- When the syrup is hot add butter and stir until butter melts.
- Now add vanilla, chopped pecans, and eggs.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in the filling comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Can be served with or without whipped cream. Serves 6-8