- 5 lb. Yellow squash
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer
- ½-Tablespoons onion, chopped
- ½-cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Light Whole Wheat Roll, crumb
- Pepper, dash
- ⅓-cup brown Sugar
- Salt, as desired
- Cut off tips of squash, cut each squash into 3-4 pieces.
- Drop squash into a large saucepan with enough boiling water to cover.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender.
- Mash, reserving liquid.
- Combine squash and liquid with egg replacer, breadcrumbs, sugar, salt, onion and pepper.
- Turn into a 3-quart casserole that has been lightly greased or sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Cover with a light layer of crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
Makes 10 servings.
Files of Alice in Houston, update old Family Recipe 5/11/93